Global Research Map (GRM)
To develop and present an interactive and dynamic global map of research activities on AI and digital health at various international events, such as WEF, UNGA etc. This map will be further customized to a range of end-users, such as policy makers, researchers and investors.
Real Time Epidemiology & Dashboard (RTED)
To develop a digital end-to-end global pandemic management scheme with modular architecture and complemented with a guidebook. The scheme will have the following components :
- Pandemic trajectory monitoring and projection with associated infrastructure projection
- Management of testing data with monitoring of quarantine and contact tracing
- Management of logistics and medical supply chain (including vaccines) with associated beneficiary management
- Management of health facilities (clinical management of patients)
Digital Architectures and Data Interoperability (DADI)
To develop 3-4 models of interoperable digital infrastructures for health with partners from Asia, LATAM and Africa. This will allow us to create a cross-geographic factory floor and develop and use digital tools seamlessly across various countries.
Digital Innovations in Health Systems (DIHS)
- To develop and validate both an AI algorithm for prediction of multi-drug resistant infections and an AI-based clinical decision support system that will optimize the use of antibiotics in treating resistant infections. To also develop and deploy simple yet effective digital tools that will increase AMR awareness and improve patient compliance.
- To develop a digital platform that links mothers with female community health volunteers and health facilities in Nepal. On the proposed platform, mothers are able to access medical advice throughout their pregnancy and timely referrals to care when necessary; female community health volunteers will be able to follow up with their patients better, particularly in settings where patient outreach is limited by geography; and the health facilities can better predict the needs for surgery and prepare for them in advance
- To develop an Open Hospital prototype focusing on Primary Health care and health interventions at the primary school level. The prototype will look into establishing an open infrastructure for health professionals, investors and patients with a registry of relevant and existing digital health and AI solutions (open devices). There will also be components of data interoperability and patient-centered data governance and benchmarking.
- To create a digital e-PROMs (Patient Reported Outcome Measures) platform that can be used to generate and personalize PROMs questionnaires based on the context and condition of the patient. Ambient observational measurements and AI tools (NLP, sentiment analysis) will be incorporated into the platform.
- To develop digital data collection tools/infrastructure for the scale-up analysis of micro narratives using various use cases, namely hearing loss among monks in Myanmar and patients with malnutrition and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) in India.
Bridging Research and Practice
- To extract examples from the above-mentioned projects on the resources needed to train a local workforce in adapting digital and AI solutions in their workflow. This will eventually be distilled into one of our global blueprints on capacity development.